The theme for week 5 is:
"The Gardener Plants Paradise"
29. The Tree of Life's Leaves : Read Revelation 22:1-5
- Leaf rubbings
31. The Tree of Life's Fruit : Read Galatians 5:22-26
- This lesson mentions Ambrosia and talks about how some people believed that the saints eat it in Heaven. I don't think I will risk offering this dish until I can be assured that the kids will enjoy it.
- Try a new fruit. (Really this is just an excuse to go to the fancy supermarket since I have to pick up laundry detergent supplies anyway.)
33. The Olive Tree : Read Genesis 8:6-11
- This lesson mentions sacramental oils. We have some St. Joseph's oil that we will bring out and let the kids smell and use.
- My kids don't like olives, but they do like Rosemary & Olive Oil crackers. It counts.
- Enjoy some dates (they grow on palm trees) with tropical punch for snack.
- Clip some of our own roses or buy some today. I'm not sure we can find lilies at the store and the daylilies outside don't last long once you bring them in.