The theme for week 5 is:
"The Gardener Plants Paradise"
29. The Tree of Life's Leaves : Read Revelation 22:1-5
- Leaf rubbings
31. The Tree of Life's Fruit : Read Galatians 5:22-26
- This lesson mentions Ambrosia and talks about how some people believed that the saints eat it in Heaven. I don't think I will risk offering this dish until I can be assured that the kids will enjoy it.
- Try a new fruit. (Really this is just an excuse to go to the fancy supermarket since I have to pick up laundry detergent supplies anyway.)
33. The Olive Tree : Read Genesis 8:6-11
- This lesson mentions sacramental oils. We have some St. Joseph's oil that we will bring out and let the kids smell and use.
- My kids don't like olives, but they do like Rosemary & Olive Oil crackers. It counts.
- Enjoy some dates (they grow on palm trees) with tropical punch for snack.
- Clip some of our own roses or buy some today. I'm not sure we can find lilies at the store and the daylilies outside don't last long once you bring them in.
I just wanted to thank you for posting this each week. I work with the preschoolers at our homeschool co-op, and this has been so helpful in planning activities for them. We are all enjoying the "Garden of the Good Shepherd"!!ReplyDelete
Also, my 4 yr. old loves your coloring pages. (me too!)
Oh my goodness! I am SO relieved to know I am not the only one who is less-than-enthusiastic to keep planning Garden of the Good Shepherd stuff. Last week's plans didn't make it to fruition hardly at all, so I couldn't be motivated to even make any for this week except to read the Scripture and stick up the sticker. My kids wish we were doing more, though...anybody remaining enthusiastic out there? Help?! :-)ReplyDelete