The theme for week 6 is:
"Oh, What a Beautiful City!"
36. The City Gates : Read Revelation 21:9-14
- Jessica pointed to this Heavenly Gate coloring page last year and I think it is a great idea.
- I also know my girls will love looking at these gates and gardens of Carmel as photographed by Linda Yvonne. Magical!
- EWTN for Kids still has the Build-a-Church game that Jessica mentioned or we might try an online jigsaw puzzle like this one.
- How about... Shirley Temples? Oooh. I think I pulled something stretching that far.
- Maybe a tabernacle craft would be better. We will probably choose a visit to Our Lord in the tabernacle.
- While we enjoy his work, we might just learn a little bit about him. Be sure to check out all of the great things over at Classics for Kids.
39. The Thrones: Read Revelation 22:1-5
- Watch The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, especially the coronation scene.
- We have back-to-back birthdays coming up next week so we might make some birthday thrones for our birthday prince and princess.
- Break out the wedding pictures and let the children see them. Ours usually stay packed away but today might be a good day to dust them off.
- Make some Mexican Bride Cookies
- Dress some strawbabies up in some fancy duds! Tuxedo Strawberries
- If you don't have back-to-back birthdays coming up, you might consider making this Cookie Crown Cake. Or maybe a Crown Jewel Cake.
- As for us, we will be making crowns for the birthday kids in lieu of party hats. Okay, THEY will be coloring crowns. I will be cleaning!