Floating nightstands. The only problem with floating nightstands is that they don't hold all of the things I like to keep by my bedside so these two baskets were called in to assist. (I totally tidied them up before taking this picture. Just keepin' it real!) On the shelf is my cell phone which doubles as a back-up alarm, a touch lamp with a soft amber shade, the Magnificat from January 2007 because of the lovely Litany of Consolation written by Fr. John Peter Cameron, OP and a weather radio because we live in Texas and I like to know what natural disasters are headed my way when I can.
In the smaller basket are some crochet supplies for when the urge strikes but the larger basket will take a bit more unpacking:
- Danielle Bean's Mom to Mom, Day to Day
- Peter and the Shadow Thieves by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson
- Alice Von Hildebrand's The Privilege of Being a Woman (a Christmas gift from a sweet SIL)
- I'm Just Here For More Food by Alton Brown (A Christmas gift from my sweet husband)
- a blank notebook (just in case)
- last year's calendar whose information I haven't yet transferred over to this year's which is a big clue as to how sick we have been since New Year's Eve!
The weather radio is a great idea. I need one of those. Enjoy your nightly programming.ReplyDelete