Healing Cabbage Soup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 quarts water
- 5 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 head cabbage, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, drained and diced
- 1 can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- In a large stockpot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Stir in onion and garlic; cook until onion is transparent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in water, bouillon, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then stir in cabbage. Simmer until cabbage wilts, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and beans (and cooked chicken). Return to a boil, then simmer 15 minutes, stirring often.
Yummmm! That sounds delicious!! I am going to definitely give it a try. So glad to hear that you got some sleep last night!ReplyDelete
Oh, yum! That does look good! My Mom is a soup witch doctor. I'm convinced that soup of pretty much any kind cures what ails ya.ReplyDelete