So, Lisa really did tag me and I really did plan to do the meme right until forces beyond my control converged to have fun yesterday. Thank you for all the sweet comments. Husband was worried that nobody would want to "talk" to him.
For those of you interested, you know the rules...
1. When tagged place the name and URL on your blog.
2. Post rules on your blog.
3. Write 7 non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4. Name 7 of your favorite blogs.
5. Send an email/comment on their blog letting them know they have been tagged.
1) I am the shortest woman in my family and the tallest in my husband's. I hope to maintain that position by encouraging my beautiful young nieces to take up coffee drinking or weight lifting because they are a little too close to 5' 5" for my comfort!
2) My husband is forcing me to say that I make awesome homemade fried chicken! It is very time consuming, so it doesn't happen that often and I don't use a recipe; just the method that was handed down from my grandfather's cardiologist to my dad's! Happy to share it later.
3) I have very small connections to people who ended up doing kind of big things: two television shows and two NFL players. Rob Thomas (creator of VM) was my high school's journalism teacher and James Roday (Rodriguez back then) attended the rival high school in town but I saw him perform on stage in an amazing one act play called A Shaft of Light about the life of Caravaggio. I graduated with Priest Holmes (we called him Anthony) and had trouble pronouncing Ndukwe Kalu's name along with everyone else. We had an awesome football team that year!
4) Speaking of high school... I haven't tried lately but I am pretty sure I can still twirl a flag; it's a maybe on the rifles.
5) I might be considered short (or average, I guess) by some standards but my feet are huge. I was a solid size 9 until I had kids. Now, I'm a 10; sometimes an 11! Lovely.
6) I seriously thought about getting a tattoo when I was in Scotland all by myself. I figured no one would know and it would be my little secret. It was going to be a daisy somewhere on my hip. I can only imagine the Ferris wheel that would have turned into after 3 babies in less than 3 years!
7) Last one... can't think. Hmmmm. Since I rarely post pictures, I will tell you that I have dark brown eyes, dark brown hair and olive complexion skin. Growing up in South Texas, I literally had to prove to people that I wasn't Latina. People wouldn't believe me when I couldn't understand Spanish. They thought I was lying but I have never learned Spanish and there is not one bit of Spanish heritage in my family. Honest!
So there you go. Personally, I think Husband's were better! Now I'm going to break the rules and not intentionally tag anyone because I suffer from Whatifsomeone'salreadybeen Tagditis. So play if you want to but please, let us know if you do!