Melissa Wiley of the fabulous supermodel hair, linked to this post on FB the other day and it really struck a chord with me, especially the last lines...
"And then there is this blog. The original social network. It’s not going anywhere. Writing stuff here is cathartic for me. Readers are a bonus, but not really required. I may be down 90% since the readership peak in 2006, but I’m still about 1000% above what I ever imagined this could be when O’DonnellWeb 1.0 launched in 1995. So to both of you, thanks for reading "
So, I sat down to write this post because I feel like my poor little blog has been abandoned and yet it's the place I love more than any other online because I can find my family here. I feel like I've been throwing up a post here and there when I get a chance and now... I can't think of anything to say. So, here is some randomness.
1. I took Cupcake to the giant BRU and we test drove just about every lightweight stroller model they had including all of the ones you lovely ladies recommended. I think we need to give serious consideration to the only one that made her coo. Seriously. She was cooing riding around in the B-Agile! Our closest two stores were completely sold out of them. The salesman told me they usually sell out as soon as they get a shipment in. I guess they must be popular!
Cupcake was such a crabby butt that day after having a horrible night (more teeth), I swear her only happy moment all day was sitting and riding in that stroller. I was tempted to tell them, you either sell me the floor model or I'm walking out the door with it right now. Reason eventually kicked in and we left, sans stroller, but I loaded up a bunch of stuff to sell to the baby resale shop on the corner and we are on our way to getting one. I did look on Craigslist for a used one but all I saw were wanted ads. The resale value on these seems to be totally worth the expense.
2. One thing I did discover about my daughter is that she doesn't like snack trays. She cried at every stroller I put her in that had one. Weird, huh?
3. And... I'm kind of giddy thinking about the cooler weather coming and going for walks with a happy cooing baby. I just might even try jogging with it. Who knows!
4. With the cooler weather approaching, projects are now first on our minds. I need to paint Cupcake's closet. Then we can put new carpet in her room. I hate carpet, but our bedrooms are so tiny and I want them to feel cozy. I had tile in one of my bedrooms growing up and cozy would not be the first word I would use to describe it. As much as I don't like carpet, I kind of can't think of anything else for a bedroom. Anyone have wood in their bedrooms? What do you think of it? What do your kids think of it?
5. We had some roof damage with a couple of summer storms that came through so that project is first on the list. We think we need half of the roof replaced. The roofer and the insurance guy are still chatting about it. One of these weeks soon we will have a full day of stomping and pounding. I'm thinking we will take our school work to the library that day.
6. Other projects include cleaning out the attic and the garage. Nothing like having a new baby after 7 years of not to help you realize that all that baby stuff you saved is totally worthless! Also, painting the boys' room and the girls' room and the hallway. We could have painted over the summer, but I like to do it when I can open a window.
Ok, that's all I can think of right now. I know this doesn't make up for months of neglect, but hopefully it's a start. : )