I have had the material for this nightgown for a few months now, ever since I made this Beatrix Potter nightie. This one is a seersucker fabric that kind of scared me, but turned out so cute, I am wishing I had made it a dress instead. I still struggle a bit with seeing all of the imperfections in the things I make, but I am trying to overcome it. I used the wrong kind of bias tape on the neckline so this really should be for sleep instead of play, but I was pleased that the stripes didn't look silly when I cut the pattern on the bias. I actually kind of like the way they look.
Anyway, I don't know if this really counts towards my goal to use up the material I have before buying new stuff, but it has been sitting in my fabric box since March and I am glad to have finished it. Sunshine was glad to get a pretty new nightie and to get to model it for mommy's blog. Don't worry though... no divas here! She was perfectly satisfied with just getting to keep the cornflower. Such simple pleasures.